Melanie of Kill them all, God will know his own has just given this blog an award. Thank you, Melanie!
I’m to pass the award on to five blogs that I really like. The hard part is making a short list. Focussing on Early Modern historical sites, I nominate:
1. Wonders and Marvels; A Community for Curious Minds who love History, its Odd Stories, and Good Reads. A treasure for students of the 17th century.
2. Weave a Garland of My Vows. Jackie often writes of daily life in the 17th century.
4. Mercurius Politicus, a blog about early modern books, history and culture.
5. Hoydens and Firebrands; Roaring Ladies Who Write about the Seventeenth Cenury. I know, I’m a member of this blog, but only a part.
Unfortunately, a newly-discovered blog I like very much is not connecting right now, so I can’t add it to this list. Keep an eye out for Daily Life in 17th Century England.
I now have to answer some questions to prove that I am a worthy winner:
1. Where is your phone? On my desk
2. Your hair? Blonde (enhanced)
3. Your Mother? Sadly departed
4. Your Father? 92, hale & hearty
5. Your favourite food? Whatever my husband cooks
6. Your dream last night? Something about planting seeds
7. Your favourite drink? A dry white wine
8. Your dream/goal? To finish the current novel to my satisfaction
9. What room are you in? My office
10. Your hobby? I collect bookmarks
11. Your fear? That anything bad should happen to those I love
12. Where do you want to be in six years? At a computer, writing
13. Where were you last night? Early to bed with a good novel
14. Something that you?re not? Competative … unless it’s a noisy, kid game
15. Muffins? Low fat
16. Wishlist item? Books
17. Where did you grow up? Berkeley, California
18. Last thing you did? Checked my email
19. What are you wearing? Jeans
20. Your TV? How do I turn it on?
21. Your pets? An aging horse
22. Friends? Wonderful
23. Your life? Hectic
24. Your mood? A little sad
25. Missing someone? Yes
26. Vehicle? A car
27. Something you?re not wearing? A hat
28. Your favourite store? AbeBooks.com
29. Your Favourite colour? Taupe
30. When was the last time you laughed? This morning
31. The last time you cried? This morning
32. Your best friend? My husband
33. One place that I go to over and over? My computer
34. Facebook? I actually like it
35. Favorite place to eat? Many of the great restaurants in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Again, thank you! And now … back to the 17th century.