Happy Mother’s Day, one and all. This is my first “Sunday Sundries.” I come upon many links on the Net I want to share, and this is a way of doing so.
Links on writing …
• How to Meditate When You’re Too Busy to Meditate, and Why You Should Care, a post written with writers in mind.
• 5 Things I’ve Learned from Writing a YA Novel, an essay I wrote for Writer Unboxed.
• The Terror of Last-Minute Revision: Confessions of an Editor-turned-Novelist, an essay for The Savvy Reader.
Links of interest to all us research nerds …
• Just for a smile: Scary hair towers.
• A wonderful historical blog: “All Things Georgian.”
Links for Napoleonatics …
• Madame Campan’s Academy, a play about Hortense, the subject of the YA novel I’m writing. The opening promotion goes like this:
[blackquote] You think your life is challenging? Imagine your stepfather is Napoleon Bonaparte!
That’s so good. (If only I had thought of it.)
• I love this movie of kids enacting the life of Napoleon.